IMI Kolkata is a private business school that has been approved by AICTE and NBA. The institute ranked #52 among Top Management Colleges in India by NIRF Management Ranking 2021. The most opted program at IMI Kolata is the 2-year full-time PGDM program. The institute accepts CAT/GMAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ATMA Scores for admission to its flagship PGDM program. Final admissions are offered on the basis of composite scores that consist of Entrance Exam Score, academic profile, WAT & PI Score. Check out the most recent updates on IMI Kolkata Admission 2022.
Apart from PGDM, IMI Kolkata is currently offering FPM, EFPM, and certificate courses. For FPM admission, candidates must have scored in CAT / GRE / GMAT, if not then they are required to appear for RAT, which is conducted by IMI Kolkata to be eligible for admission to FPM. The final selection is based on the presentation followed by a personal interview.
A valid reason behind the popularity of IMI Kolkata is its excellent placement record. The institute has managed to provide placement to 100% of PGDM students in the last two years. In the placement drive of 2019-21, the average salary of the top 10% candidates was INR 13.62 LPA and for the top 50%, it remained, INR 10.00 LPA. The highest salary package offered is INR 20.7 LPA, while the average package stood at INR 8.55 LPA.
IMI Kolkata Quick Facts
Ranking: IMI Kolkata is ranked #52 among the Top Management Colleges Ranking released by NIRF 2021. The college is also ranked 4th as the private b-school in the east zone by Outlook-ICARE Rankings 2021.
Accreditation: The PGDM program of IMI Kolkata is accredited by NBA, Association Of Indian Universities. The institute is approved by AICTE.
MBA Selection Criteria 2022: Admission to PGDM is granted as per CAT/XAT/GMAT/MAT/CMAT Score. The weightage of Entrance exam in final selection is 35%. Academic Score has a weightage of 15% and Work Experience has a weightage of 5%. Apart from this, IMI Kolkata gives preference to candidate’s Personal Interview (30%), Extra-Curricular (2.5%), Gender Diversity (2.5%), WAT (10%).
Intake: The total intake in IMI Kolkata is 290 out of which around 40% of the enrolments comprises women candidates.
International Exchange Program: IMI Kolkata has internal exchange collaborations with manifold foreign Colleges/Universities such as ESC Rennes School of Business, IDRAC Business School and University of Tours in France, Sichuan University, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Sichuan Academy of Social Sciences in China, Emporia State University, USA, Xunta De Galicia, Spain, College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph, Canada
Placements: The highest CTC for PGDM Placements is 20.7 LPA and Average CTC remained 8.55 LPA. As per the placements stats of IMI Kolkata, the average salary of top 10% candiates was 13.62 LPA and for top 50% it remained, 10.00 LPA.
IMI Kolkata Placements
Like last year, IMI Kolkata maintained its 100% placement record during its 2021 placement drive. 160 recruiters visited the campus to participate. Leading recruiters included JSW, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, PwC, Amazon etc. The highlights are mentioned below:
- The highest CTC of INR 20.7 LPA was offered to the students.
- The average CTC package stood at INR 8.55 LPA. The average CTC of the top 50% students stood at INR 10 LPA.
- The highest number of placement offers were made from the Consulting sector followed by the BFSI sector.
The summer internship placement drive for the PGDM 2020-22 batch is in progress. 10 students received internship offers from recruiters like McVities, JSW, Century Ply, CESC etc. The following are the highlights of the 2021 summer internship placement drive:
IMI Kolkata Summer Placements
27 recruiters visited the campus. Among them, 11 recruiters participated for the first time.
185 internships were offered to the students.
The highest stipend of INR 2 Lakhs per month was offered.
The average stipend of the top 10 percentile students stood at INR 63.1 K per month. The average stipend stood at INR 38.6 K per month for the top 25 percentile students & INR 27.6 K per month for the top 50 percentile students.
The highest number of internship offers were made from the Sales & Marketing domain.
BFSI sector played the dominating role during the summer internship placement drive.
IMI Kolkata Scholarship
- Interim Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Performance: scholarship not exceeding 1 Lakh in the two-year period to a maximum of 3 students per batch enrolled
- Scholarship for Economically Weaker Section scholarships students having family income less than Rs. 8 lacs P.A shall be eligible for Scholarship up to 5% seats of the total intake of the institute under Economically Weaker Section.
- 100% tuition fee waiver for meritorious students sanctioned for the 1st year after the enrolment of the student in the PGDM program.
- Merit-based (CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT): sanctioned INR 1.5 lacs to students scoring 60-69.99 percentile and INR 2 lacs to those scoring 70 percentile and above
- Scholarship based on Extra-Curricular Activities
- Special Consideration for SC/ST/OBC (NC)/Physically Challenged Candidates
- Wards of Armed forces: 1.5 lacs sanctioned to Armed forces service people and front line COVID-19 warriors. Check IMI Kolkata Scholarships
IMI Kolkata Notable Alumni
- Dhruv Chakravarty, Consultant, Reflexions Digital Pvt. Ltd
- Abhishek Pal, SAP Supply Chain Function Lead, TCS
- Nimesh Shukla, Founder & CEO, SunEncore
- Neha Modi, Marketing Manager (Digital & Loyalty), Spencer’s Retail Ltd.
- Abhimanyu Mazumdar, Management Consultant, Mott MacDonald