Global Institute of Business Studies (GIBS) is an institute of international standards, recognized as one of the top business schools in India. It is accredited by MHRD, Govt. of India and the Association of Indian Management Schools. GIBS was ranked 19th Best B School of Eminence in India by Competitive Success Review (CSR) 2021. The institute offers a PGDM program at the undergraduate level and a BBA program at the postgraduate level. Admission to GIBS Bangalore is done on the basis of CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ State Cet tests followed by GDPI round. Moreover, over 600 recruiters visit the GIBS campus for placements every year and 150+ companies offer internship opportunities for GIBS students. GIBS Bangalore saw a salary hike of 23% from the previous year. GIBS students were offered the highest package upto INR 13.5 LPA and average package upto INR 6.85 LPA.
Global Institute of Business Studies Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2014 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE | UGC | MHRD | AIU|
|Affiliated to||Bangalore University|
|Entrance Exam||National: CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT|
|Courses Offered||PGDM & BBA|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online & Offline | INR 750 & INR 500|
|Top Recruiters||HCL, Genpact, Bisleri, OPPO, Justdial, Asian Paints, ICICI Securities, Axis Bank|
|Facilities Available||Library, Amphitheatre, Gym, Sports, etc|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 8050300060/ 70|
|Address||#44/4/5/8, Mylasandra Road Apartment,
Off, Koppa – Begur Rd, next to Eternity Ecstasy, Akshayanagar,
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 560068
– 100% Placements with 600+ MNCs
– 600+ Students Experiencing Outstanding at GIBS
– 500+ Companies for recruitment
– 90 Days to 9 Month Programme
– 8 Clubs & Committees
– 10+ Students Driven Societies
– 15:1 Average Student to Faculty Ratio
– 250+ Students Hostel on Campus
– 5+ Academic Partnerships with Top-Ranked International Universities
– Intramural Sports in Campus
– Global Exposure through International Study Tour
Global Institute of Business Studies Awards
- New Age B – School By Forbes India 2021
- Ranked 19th Best B School of Eminence in India by Competitive Success Review (CSR) – 2021
- Ranked 12th Best Private B School in Karnataka by Competitive Success Review (CSR) – 2021
- Ranked 19th Best Emerging B-School in India by Times of India (TOI) 2021.
- Ranked 28th Best B-School by Higher Education Review 2021.
Global Institute of Business Studies Courses
GIBS offers UG and PG courses in the discipline of Business and Management. A brief about the same is listed below:
|PGDM||Marketing Management, Finance Management, Human Resource Management, International Business, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship Management, IT, Digital Marketing||Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks + Obtained a valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ State Cet tests||7,40,000|
|BBA||Marketing Management, Finance Management, Human Resource Management||Passed 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized board||4,75,000|
Global Institute of Business Studies Admission
Step 1: Visit the official website of the college and click on ‘Apply Online’.
Step 2: Fill the application form with all the required information.
Step 3: After the successful submission of the application form, the interview panel of GIBS will contact the candidates within 48 hours.
Step 4: Pay an application fee of INR 750 (INR 500 for BBA) by Demand Draft or bank transfer by entering the following details:
Account Name: GIBS B-School Current
Account No: 34976492353
Bank Name: State Bank of India, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore
IFSC Code: SBIN0004407
Step 1: Visit the official website of the college and click on ‘Apply Online’.
Step 2: Download the application form and take a printout of the same.
Step 3: Fill the application form and submit it along with all the required documents.
Step 4: Pay the application fee of INR 750 (INR 500 for BBA) by Demand Draft to be sent in favor of ‘Goyal Educational Trust’ payable at Bangalore. Post the DD along with the following documents:
- 10th and 12th marksheet
- Graduation marksheet
- Provisional/ Official degree certificate
- Migration certificate
- Copy of test score
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and marks secured in the following exams:
- Shortlisted candidates are required to appear for Group discussions and Personal Interviews.
Candidates are required to submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Transfer and Migration certificate
- Provisional degree certificate
- Entrance exam scorecard
- Caste/ Income certificate
- 6 passport size photographs
Global Institute of Business Studies Placement
The placement cell at GIBS acts as an Academic Interface by helping the students to improve their employability through systematic exposure to business organizations and offers the corporate companies a platform to find the best managers from GIBS. Students from all disciplines undergo career counseling by a professional counselor. The placement cell conducts various activities and workshops such as resume writing, aptitude tests, soft skill training, one-on-one interaction sessions, mock GD’s and interviews for the students. The placement division works with reputed domestic and International Corporate from diversified Industry verticals with varied functional roles to build the overall development of students and career opportunities as per industry requirements for GIBians. Students have bagged internships at major industries and the highest stipend is INR 88,000 and the average being INR 10,000. Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
- 100% Placement and Internship to all the Students
- 600+ Recruiters
- 23% Salary Hike from previous year
- 375+ Leadership talk Series
- 2000+ Alumnus Network
- Placement Advisory Board & Student Committee
- GIBS Finishing School (Every Saturday)
- Incubation Centre
- 10+ Start-ups from Campus
- Job Fairs & International Conferences
- Stipends up to 1,15,000/- during 2 Months Internship in 2021
- Highest Package: INR 13.5 LPA and Average Package: INR 6.85 LPA
Top Recruiters Of GIBS: HCL, Genpact, Bisleri, OPPO, Justdial, Asian Paints, ICICI Securities, Axis Bank, Reliance, Kotak Life Insurance, Infotech, Seventh Sense, Toyota, HDFC Bank, Bose, 99acres, Spinbay, etc.
Global Institute of Business Studies Scholarships
GIBS provides the following scholarships to meritorious candidates on the basis of their examination scores.
|CAT2021 / XAT / GMAT-2022||MAT 2021 & 2022 & ATMA 2022||CMAT 2022||Scholarship 2022|
|80 Percentile or Above||Composite Score 700 or Above||85 Percentile or Above||INR 50,000/-|
|70 to 79.99 Percentile||Composite Score 650 or Above||80 to 84.99 Percentile||INR 35,000/-|
|60 to 69.99 Percentile||Composite Score 600 or Above||70 to 79.99 Percentile||INR 25,000/-|
GIBS Awards to Meritorious Students
|Name of the Award Amount||Amount||Criteria||Course|
|J. P. GOYAL MEMORIAL AWARD||INR 51,000 & Gold medal||Student of the Year||PGDM|
|INR 21,000 & Gold medal||BBA|
|SHAKUNTALA DEVI AWARD||INR 11,000 & Gold Medal||Award for Academic Topper||PGDM|
|INR 11,000 & Gold Medal||BBA|
|ATAL BIHARI VAJPAYEE AWARD||INR 7,000 & Gold Medal||Best Talented Student||PGDM|
|INR 7,000 & Gold Medal||BBA|
|DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM AWARD||INR 11,000 & Gold Medal||Best Research & Publication||PGDM|
- Best Society Award – Vallabhbhai Patel: This award will be given away in recognition of the best performance delivered by the societies in the college. The society will be awarded the rolling shield and Gold Medals.
- Cultural (Organizing) Award – Rabindranath Tagore: This award with the shield and Gold Medals will be given to the group of students who always work organizing various programs and celebrations in GIBS.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: Alumni are always the pride of the Institution. To recognize their outstanding achievements in their corporate life, this award will be given to 5 students from every batch. The alumni will be awarded the Gold Medal.
Global Institute of Business Studies Facilities
GIBS has a state-of-the-art infrastructure with all the necessary facilities. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
Auditorium, Seminar and Conference Hall: GIBS has a well-equipped auditorium, Seminar and Conference hall with a seating capacity of over 200 people. A regular venue for conferences, workshops and seminars, auditorium, seminar hall and conference halls have all the facilities to enhance the learning process.
Amphitheater: GIBS has a spacious amphitheater (an open, circular building with a central space for the presentation of dramatic or sporting events surrounded by tiers of seats for spectators) where many students perform various activities and give beautiful performances.
Library: GIBS library is a modern, well-stocked, open plan facility covering most academic subjects. The main aim is to provide material supporting students for all the subjects offered by GIBS.
Career Counseling Room: The career guidance desk helps the self-evaluation and promotion of students’ skills, information on the academic syllabus and professional possibilities and also on education inside and outside the university in order to tailor the different professions to the business world’s requests.
Scholarship: To support the management education in this situation of the global pandemic, Goyal Educational Trust (A Charitable Trust) has introduced a total scholarship of INR 2.7 Cr for all the students who confirm their admission for the PGDM program (class of 2020 – 2022) at GIBS, Bangalore. The institute provides a scholarship of up to INR 1.5 lakhs on the overall fee for the PGDM program at GIBS, Bangalore.
- Mess & Cafeteria
- Indoor & Outdoor Games
- Gym Facility
- Internet Cafe
- Creative Room
- Yoga Room
- Dance Room
- Hostel (Boys & Girls)
- Parking Lot
Global Institute of Business Studies Faculty
GIBS has high-quality faculty who are not only renowned academicians but also accomplished scholars with experience from various industries, thereby bringing a uniquely practical approach to learning. The faculty comprises:
- 20+ Full-Time Faculty
- 30+ Visiting Faculty
- 200+ Guest Speakers
- 25+ Practitioners
- 10+ International Trainers
- 15:1 Student-Faculty Ratio
- 15+ Average Work Exp
- 100+ GIBS Faculty publications
GIBS B School, Bangalore Fees & Eligibility
|BBA||₹1.85 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 60%|
|PGDM||₹7.25 Lakhs (Total Fees)||Graduation with 50%|
|PGDITM||₹7.25 Lakhs (Total Fees)||Graduation with 50%|